Privacy Statement and Website Terms
The Yellow Power Company Pty Ltd (Yellow Power Company) collects no personal information about you when you visit this website unless you choose to provide this information to us. The primary purpose for which we collect your personal information is to provide you with the services you have requested. However, certain information about visitors is automatically collected and stored. The Yellow Power Company uses this information to create statistics for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest or identifying system performance or problem areas. If you choose to provide us with personal information in an email message, we use it only to respond to your email.
By using this website, you agree we may use and disclose your personal information and other data for this purpose and also for secondary purposes, including to personalise your user experience and to promote the Yellow Power Company and/orany related entity or third party products and services to you. You also agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (and the other terms and conditions and policies referred to in any linked websites) as amended from time to time.
The Yellow Power Company respects the importance of your privacy and is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) including the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), and applicable privacy regulations. The Yellow Power Company is committed to protecting your privacy when managing your personal information and has policies and procedures to ensure that personal information is handled in accordance with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
What personal information is collected?
Personal information collected by the Yellow Power Company will depend on the circumstances of collection and on the services that we are providing to you and may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- contact information which may include email address and mobile phone number;
- bank account and credit account details;
- user IDs and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example vehicle details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for or requesting a quote for a related product such as finance;
- information about the devices on which you visit the website or Network companies’ websites, and your activities on those devices or sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- your public social profile information (e.g. name, profile picture) together with the email address you use to log into your social media account;
- records and content of communications with the Yellow Power Company or any other person or company
- if you participate in any surveys we, or a third party service provider acting on our behalf, may conduct from time to time, personal information relating to your survey responses;
- if you are applying for employment with us, personal information that is relevant to such employment; and
- information obtained as a result of your use of our mobile website or application such as geo-locations and unique device identifiers.
Please note that any records and content provided in hard copy format may be stored and scanned electronically by the Yellow Power Company.
The Yellow Power Company does not collect sensitive information as defined in the Privacy Act, such as racial or ethnicity information, political opinions or associations, criminal records (save where provided by law enforcement authorities) or health information. However, subject to obtaining your prior consent, the Yellow Power Company may collect sensitive information from you in the course of considering an application for employment.
How is personal information collected?
The Yellow Power Company collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information directly to the Yellow Power Company by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise), for example when you enquire about an item on one of our websites; when you subscribe to a newsletter or any alerts; when you purchase goods or services from the Yellow Power Company; when you enter a competition or promotion conducted by the Yellow Power Company, or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with the Yellow Power Company or any other person using the Yellow Power Company Communications Services;
- from third parties such as resellers of the Yellow Power Company’s services and service providers to the Yellow Power Company;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from third party data providers and other entities where you have directed or otherwise consented to the collecting entity (or a service provider on its behalf) sending us data;
- through use of the Yellow Power Company’s proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading ‘How is personal information disclosed’, our service providers and other third parties so that we may provide an enhanced and more relevant user experience, service or product to you.
How is personal information used?
More specifically, your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records;
- to research, develop, improve and use within our products and services and by its outsourced service providers to provide and improve their services;
- to respond to an enquiry or provide our services, products or assistance that you request from us;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Yellow Power Company;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer or using the unsubscribe facility in a direct marketing communication sent to you);
- for purposes connected with the operation of any related or associated companies;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to aggregate personal information with our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- to contact winners of trade promotions run by the Yellow Power Company.
How is personal information disclosed?
The Yellow Power Company may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than the Yellow Power Company. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- any relatedand/or associated companies and their staff;
- individuals and organisations if you submit an enquiry or seek or acquire certain services through the Yellow Power Company – depending on your enquiry or the services being sought or acquired, these may include:
- original equipment manufacturers;
- operators of third party web sites, co-branded web sites and other third parties;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- payment services providers;
- outsourced service providers who assist any of the above persons to provide services;
- outsourced service providers who assist the Yellow Power Company to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers and survey providers;
- professional advisers;
- data service providers, who may also disclose your personal information to our third party partners for the purpose of personalising the advertising you receive from us and them; and
- payment platforms.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of the Yellow Power Company’s services or products;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police; and
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
If you do not want the Yellow Power Company to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry or acquire those services.
Where the Yellow Power Company discloses your personal information to a data service provider, the Yellow Power Company will take all reasonable steps to ensure those data service providers comply at all times with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
Disclaimer of Liability
Every effort is made to provide accurate and complete information. However, we cannot guarantee that there will be no errors. The Yellow Power Company does not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions, is suitable for your intended use, or is accurate or complete, or on any website that links to this website, including third party display advertisements.
Images are for illustrative purposes only. Subject to any terms implied by law and which cannot be excluded, the Yellow Power Company accepts no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information in this site. All information on the site is subject to change.
The Yellow Power Company strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. The Yellow Power Company may verify the accuracy of personal information it holds against information about you held by a third party. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) or click here to contact us by email.
The Yellow Power Company may destroy or de-identify personal information once the information is no longer deemed required by the business.
The Yellow Power Company takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on the Yellow Power Company systems.
All images located on the website are for illustrative purposes only. Images used may contain items that are not included in the products and services advertised. Solar panels, inverters, batteries, software and other products and services provided and sold by the Yellow Power Company are subject to change without notice. Images may not represent the final product as shown.
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please contact us via the details at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. Generally, there will be no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you. Depending on the volume, type or method of access to the information you request, the Yellow Power Company may charge you some fees, however, these will not be excessive and will not apply to the making of the request. Please note that depending on the volume or nature of the information required, it may take a number of days to fulfil the request.
Transfer of personal information outside of Australia
When accessing the Yellow Power Company websites from a mobile device, we may request permission to collect your location from your device via the permission system used by your mobile operating system. If you consent to the collection of this information, you can later disable it by changing the location settings on your mobile device. However, this may limit your ability to use certain features of our services.
Linked Sites and personal information
This website contains links to external websites. These links are provided only as a reference for searching the internet and not as an endorsement or approval of those websites, their products or services and therefore cannot be held responsible for the content, product or service they describe.
When you visit a website or use an application, the Yellow Power Company records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring URL, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system. This data may be used by the Yellow Power Company to categorise a user and provide personalised offers, marketing and advertising. Activity data may be shared with advertisers for these purposes where the user is already a customer of the advertiser.
The Yellow Power Company may use third party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to websites and other media in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/.
The Yellow Power Company uses “cookie” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years or longer in some cases).
Cookies may be used by the Yellow Power Company or by service providers engaged by the Yellow Power Company to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit, measure and analyse usage, and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to those sites or other sites or platforms. Cookie data and other data may be sold, licensed or otherwise provided to third parties via advertising exchanges or other data sharing platforms for this purpose. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled the Yellow Power Company may not be able to provide you with the full range of services.
Personal and Non-Commercial Use Only
Except for the data, content, images and information contained in this website or originally sourced via the Yellow Power Company (hereby referred to as Material),held in your computer’s cache or a single permanent copy of the Material for your personal use, you must not without the prior written approval of the Yellow Power Company:
- modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish or license any Material;
- use or attempt to use any Material to create any website, publication or database;
- mirror or frame any website or page;
- use any automated process of any sort of query, access, retrieve, scrape, data-mine or copy any Material, or generate or compile any document, index or database based on the Material;
- transfer or sell any information, functionality or products or services offered by the Yellow Power Company;
- undertake any other action which is in violation of these terms and conditions (or other terms and conditions and policies referred to in these terms and conditions) or any applicable law;
- use the Yellow Power Company’s brand, logos, image or likeness.
If the Yellow Power Company considers, in its absolute discretion, that you or any party related to you (including any agent, representative, contractor or associate) has acted contrary to these terms and conditions or in a manner contrary to the Yellow Power Company’s interests, then the Yellow Power Company may immediately terminate your right to access and use this website at any time, and reserves its rights to take any action it deems necessary or desirable to prevent such repeated action and/or further access to third party websites.
Material on this website and third party websites linked to this website is protected by Australian and international copyright and intellectual propertylaws. All rights not expressly granted under these terms and conditions are reserved by the Yellow Power Company. Unless otherwise indicated, the Material is owned by or licensed to the Yellow Power Company and is subject to copyright.
- only copy or reproduce the Material for the purpose of browsing, or making a copy for your own personal, private or research use, provided that such use constitutes fair use under the Copyright Act;
- not alter or modify the Material in any way or remove any legal notice associated with it.
All phone numbers, including 1300 numbers, on this website are charged at your own personal call rates. You will be billed by your telephone service provider and should direct all questions to that provider.
Refer A Friend
Where the Yellow Power Company allows you to provide the personal and contact details of another person, you warrant that the person has consented to their information being provided to the Yellow Power Company, and to being contacted by the Yellow Power Company. You indemnify the Yellow Power Company, its officers, representatives, employees, contractors, servants, directors and agents against all actions, claims and demands (including the cost of defending or setting aside any actions, claims and demands) arising out of or in respect of sending an email or other communication method, or any contravention of the SPAM Act 2003.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy, please contact us.
Mr Ken Norris
The Yellow Power Company
Level 4, 18 Smith Street, PARRAMATTA NSW 2150
Phone: 1300 246 700
The Yellow Power Company treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint (after providing us with a reasonable time to respond) or would like further information about privacy in Australia, then we suggest you contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
How these policies, terms and conditions change
These policies, terms and conditions may change over time without notice. All changes will be published on this website.
Version 1 (21July 2017)